City employees who are seeking encouragement and empowerment to take personal responsibility for career growth are invited to attend the 4th Annual Career Development Symposium. The Symposium will be held from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Wednesday, October 31 at the E.B. Cape Center, 4501 Leeland Street.
The Career Development Symposium is an annual open-house training event for City employees, held in collaboration with our strategic partners. Every year, this event is organized to assist you on the road to career success by providing career tools, academic resources and professional development opportunities that will support the achievement of future career goals. You will gain access to workshops facilitated by career professionals and career counseling provided by our partnering educational institutions. The one-day event is intended to expose you to information that will incite career readiness, encourage career planning and provide educational resources to support your future goals with the City.
Read more details.
You should attend the Symposium if you are seeking to:
- Acquire a first-time bachelor or post-graduate degree for professional development
- Build your professional brand using resources, such as resumes, interviews and job search
- Obtain complimentary career counseling support to explore your future educational goals, career objectives and job interests
- Expand your internal training opportunities to enhance your professional qualifications
- Achieve more effective utilization of your skills and capabilities within your leadership role
- Enhance your networking opportunities through relationship building and knowledge sharing
- Evaluate your career goals to effectively plan, navigate and transition into careers of interests using concepts, strategies and tools