Poster Contest Rules
Draw yourself in a City of Houston job. We have job listings to help you better understand the job position. Anyone ages 5-18 whose parent or relative works for the city can participate.
Using any medium, draw yourself as a city employee on the job. Be CREATIVE. Posters must be approximately 8-1/2 x 11 inches.
On the back of the poster put the poster title, your name, your age, contact phone number as well as the relatives name, department, work phone number and their relation to you.
Deadline for poster entries will be Spring 2023.
Poster Upload Instructions
Please scan your image in at 300 dpi and upload a JPG or PDF file with your form. Name your file with your first initial, last name, and age. An example of the file name would be first initial of first name ,last name, underscore, e title of the poster, and lastly the age of artist. For example, nrobinson_postertitle_36.jpg/pdf.
You can also various apps to scan your poster in with your smartphone. If you have an Android phone, you can use the Google Drive app to scan you poster. If you have an iPhone, you can use the Notes app. Please make sure your poster has no shadows and your poster image is fully visible with no edges cut off. Here are some helpful tips to ensure your entry is accepted:
- If you are taking a picture of your poster, ensure the posters are on a flat surface. DO NOT take a photo of your poster at an angle. If you are scanning in your entry, make sure it is flat on the scanner bed surface.
- Eliminate any wrinkles or folds on your poster.
- If you are taking a picture or scanning your poster in, please make sure it is legible and not blurry.
- Make sure there are no shadows when you are scanning in or taking a picture of your poster.
- If you are taking a photo of your poster, please do so with good lighting and do not use a flash.
You can also mail in your poster. Mail your poster to:
COH Poster Contest
Attention: Nichole Robinson
611 Walker, 4A
Houston, TX 77002
Please do not send your poster entry through the City of Houston inter-office mail. There is a chance it might get lost or misplaced.