Donating to the CMC
City of Houston employees wishing to make a contribution through the CMC will be able to sign up using the new Employee Self Service application between October 1-31.
Basic Instructions for Completing the Online Form
- First, find the CMC agency codes for any charities that you’d like to donate to.
View the searchable list of CMC agencies. Make note of the agency code
(CMC + 4-digit number) of your desired charity.
- Log in to portal.houstontx.gov.
- Choose Employee Self Service at the top left, then choose My CMC from the top menu.
- Complete the form by entering the agency code (CMC + 4-digit number), donation amount, and choose if you’d like your donation to be one-time or each pay period. Also, if you want the agency to contact you, choose yes.
- You can choose as many as 10 agencies. To add another row, FIRST click in the top row, then choose Add Row.
- Choose the Submit button at the top of the form.
- To verify your selections, choose the 2022 CMC Receipt from the left-hand menu.
Above & Beyond Club
Employees who contribute 1% or more of their annual salary become a member of the Above & Beyond Club. Above & Beyond members will be honored at the CMC Recognition Reception held at the beginning of the year.
Once you submit the form, your total will be populated at the bottom as well as whether or not you have achieved the Above & Beyond Club.
- Fill in your first and last name, six-digit employee number and department name. Use the worksheet at the bottom of the form to calculate your 1 percent amount.
- Choose a contribution type: Per-paycheck (24 times per year), one-time deduction, cash, check made out to agency or check made out to CMC.
- Fill in agency codes and names for your charities.
- Enter in the amount you wish to give to each agency. If you would like to be an Above and Beyond contributor, your total per-paycheck amount must be equal to or greater than your 1 percent amount. For one-time deductions, cash or checks, your yearly total must be equal to or greater than your 1 percent amount times 24.
- Calculate your totals. For per-paycheck, multiply by 24 to get the yearly total.
- Check yes next to “I would like to be an Above & Beyond contributor by giving 1% or more of my pay” if your contributions equal 1 percent or more of your salary.
- Select an option for a tax receipt. If you choose yes, write in your e-mail address. Write clearly and legibly. Agencies will contact you via email for your acknowledgment.
- Sign and date the form.
- Make a copy of the form for your records. Turn in the form to your CMC Coordinator.