The city was buzzing in July with events, exhibits and tributes to the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 lunar landing.
Houston has strong ties to NASA and played an important role in the development and advancement of human space exploration, so we’re asking you to share your reflections on this historic event.
- Do you have first-hand memories of the lunar landing?
- Where were you when Neil Armstrong took the first steps on the moon?
- How has this achievement impacted your life or shaped your view of our nation?
- If it all happened before you were born, do you have family or friends who were connected to NASA at the time? What stories did they share with you?
- Do you have early NASA memorabilia that you cherish?
- Did you attend any of the anniversary events?
- Did the anniversary celebrations spark or renew your interest in space exploration?
We’ll share your submissions in the next issue of City Savvy.