Outside of Open Enrollment, you can change your benefit coverage only if you experience a qualified life event. You have just 30 days to change your plan, so don’t wait to inform Benefits Customer Service.
Qualifying life events are defined as:
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation.
- Adoption or birth of a chiled.
- Death of a spouse or child.
- A child on your policy turns 26.
- Taking or returning from a leave of absence.
- A change in your work schedule that causes you to gain or lose coverage.
- Change in residence or work location of you or a dependent on the policy.
- Loss or gain of benefits coverage due to a change in spouse's employement status