City employees who are eligible and interested in applying for United States citizenship can attend an information session from noon- 1p.m., Nov. 13 at the Downtown Central Library, 500 McKinney Street. The event will walk you through the eligibility requirements, and the process to become an American citizen.
The Houston Metropolitan Federal Credit Uniton will provide a free box lunch to the first 30 employees who register at http://tinyurl.com/HOU-INFO
The program will help you:
- Determine your or your immediate family member's eligiblity.
- Schedule a free one-on-one consultation with an immigration attorney
- Prepare for your application interview
- Get citizenship test study materials
- Learn about a Pathway loan through the Houston Metropolitan Federal Credit Union to cover teh $725 citizenship application fee
To be eligible, you must:
- Have a current green card for 5 years or
- have a green card for 3 years if you are married to a U.S. citizen
- speak, read and write some English
- maintain continuous U. S. residency
To register, visit http://tinyurl.com/HOU-INFO or email email@example.com. This event is hosted by the New American Workforce, the City of Houston Human Resources Department, the City of Houston Office of New Americans and Immigrant Affairs and the Houston Metropolitan Federal Credit Union.