• 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
• 3 large eggs
• 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduce-fat extrasharp cheddar cheese, divided
• 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, divided
• 1/2 cup 1 percent low-fat milk
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
• Cooking spray
• 4 cups sliced zucchini (about 4)
• 2 cups diced potato with onion (such as Simply Potatoes)
• 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper (about 1)
• 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
How to make it
Preheat oven to 400°.
Beat egg substitute and eggs in a large bowl until fluffy. Add 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup Jack cheese, milk, flour, baking powder, salt, and cottage cheese.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add zucchini and the next three ingredients (through mushrooms); sauté for five minutes or until tender.
Add the zucchini mixture and parsley to egg mixture. Pour mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with the remaining 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup Jack cheese. Arrange tomato slices over cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees (do not remove dish from oven), and bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and set. (Note: Substitute corn or spinach for some of the vegetables, if you wish.)