Donating to the CMC
City of Houston employees wishing to make a contribution through the CMC will be able to sign up using the new Employee Self Service application between October 1-31.
Employee Self Service
- Log on to Employee Self Service at portal.houstontx.gov.
- Click on Employee Self Service at the top of the screen.
- Go to My CMC and click on CMC Elections.
- To add an agency:
- Click on "Add Row."
- Choose your agency from the organization or org. name drop down menu. There is a search feature to use in ESS if you are not sure of the agency name or number. Click here for a searchable list of agencies.
- Specifiy if you want your donation to be one-time or biweekly and type in the amount.
- Choose to have the agency contact you or not.
- Repeat for any additional agenices that you would like to give to, up to a total of ten.
- If you want to delete an agency, siimply highlight that row and click delete.
- Your annual Above & Beyond Club target is at the top of the form. For per paycheck, divide the total by 24.
- Once you are finished with your selections, click "Calculate totals." Your one-time, biweekly and grand total will show at the bottom of the form and indicate if you qualify for the Above and Beyond Club.
- If you are happy with your selections, click "Submit" at the top of the the form.
- Click on CMC Receipt for a confirmation of your selections. You may access the CMC Election form at any time during October to make changes to your elections.
- Fill in your first and last name, six-digit employee number and department name. Use the worksheet at the bottom of the form to calculate your 1 percent amount.
- Choose a contribution type: Per-paycheck (24 times per year), one-time deduction, cash, check made out to agency or check made out to CMC.
- Fill in agency codes and names for your charities.
- Enter in the amount you wish to give to each agency. If you would like to be an Above and Beyond contributor, your total per-paycheck amount must be equal to or greater than your 1 percent amount. For one-time deductions, cash or checks, your yearly total must be equal to or greater than your 1 percent amount times 24.
- Calculate your totals. For per-paycheck, multiply by 24 to get the yearly total.
- Check yes next to “I would like to be an Above & Beyond contributor by giving 1% or more of my pay” if your contributions equal 1 percent or more of your salary.
- Select an option for a tax receipt. If you choose yes, write in your e-mail address. Write clearly and legibly. Agencies will contact you via email for your aknowledgement.
- Sign and date the form.
- Make a copy of the form for your records. Turn in the form to your CMC Coordinator.